By CEV, the European Volunteer Centre
CEV launches the Vote Volunteer Vision campaign in preparation of the 2019 European Parliament Elections building from the previous campaign we implemented in 2014. The campaign aims to:
- Support voluntary sector organisations in their advocacy work at national level by providing tools to be used in the interaction with the 2014 EP election candidates.
- Raise awareness about the role of the members of the European Parliament in strengthening the volunteer infrastructure in Europe.
- Draw attention to the need for an Intergroup on Volunteering in the European Parliament.
- Reveal future possible co-operations between MEPs and other volunteering stakeholders.
- Encourage citizens to vote and make decisions on their choice of candidates on the basis of EU issues that matter to them.
CEV has prepared a toolkit that will help volunteer centres and volunteer-involving organisations ask the EP candidates “What is your volunteer vision?”. Candidates are invited to express their views on different volunteering policy areas. The candidates are also asked to sign a pledge to support the creation of an EP Intergroup on volunteering. Toolkit and pledge can be downloaded at this link https://www.europeanvolunteercentre.org/volunteer-vision.
CEV encourages all volunteering stakeholders to make use of the toolkit that can be personalised to include logos and contact details. Communicate with EP candidates to make sure the 5Rs agenda on volunteering in Europe is supported by elected MEPs!The European Volunteer Centre (CEV) is the European network of over 60 organisations dedicated to the promotion of, and support to, volunteers and volunteering in Europe at European, national or regional level. Through our network we work together to promote and support volunteering through advocacy, knowledge sharing and capacity building & training. In this way we reach out to the many thousands of volunteers and volunteer organisations in Europe as a source of support bringing the European dimension to their work.